NIRSA Governance Commission convenes in Portland, Oregon
Recommendations will be presented at 2008 Annual Conference in Austin
The NIRSA Governance Commission convened its second face-to-face meeting February 24-26 in Portland, Oregon to further develop recommendations for a future NIRSA governance model and materials. These will be presented at the 2008 NIRSA Annual Conference & Recreational Sports Exposition in Austin, Texas at a Governance Town Hall Meeting, scheduled for Friday, April 4 at 11:30 a.m., and at the Annual Business Meeting, scheduled for Saturday, April 5 at 10 a.m. The Portland meeting continues Governance Commission conversations dating back to June 2007. The Commission has also received feedback from Young Leaders and Peer Advisory groups through electronic survey questionnaires and teleconferences, as well as from members at NIRSA regional conferences and state workshops.
Attending the meeting were:
- Mick Deluca, UCLA
- Tom Dison, The University of Texas at Austin
- Tony Clements, University of Illinois
- Kathleen Hatch, Washington State University
- Sam Hirt, Vanderbilt University
- George Brown, University of Alabama
- Maureen McGonagle, DePaul University
- Tom Kirch, Oregon State University, NIRSA President
- Kent J. Blumenthal, NIRSA Executive Director
- Karen Bach, NNC Staff Liaison
Look for further details about Governance Commission activities in the April 2008 issue of NIRSA Know, which is expected to be available the week of March 24.