NIRSA Foundation Scholarship winners
Congratulations to these outstanding NIRSA students and professionals!
The NIRSA Foundation Board of Directors is pleased to announce the following 2008 NIRSA Foundation scholarship recipients. The Foundation received a record number of applications from qualified members this year, reflecting the passion and involvement of our members. This year’s Foundation scholarship winners will be recognized during the Annual Conference Opening General Session on April 2 at 4:00 pm. Congratulations!
Unless otherwise specified, each scholarship or endowment will fund the recipient’s registration to the 2008 NIRSA Annual Conference & Recreational Sports Exposition in Austin, Texas.
Student scholarship winners
- Justin Anderson, Western Kentucky University – William Wasson Endowment*
- Staci Deluca, Washington State University – Sports Imports Corporate Partner Scholarship
- Rachael Finley, James Madison University – Sonia & Max Gartenberg Endowment
- Andrew Foederer, Sam Houston State University – Texas Endowment
- Catherine Garland, Texas State University - San Marcos – William Wasson Endowment*
- Bethany Hansen, University of West Florida – Woodway Corporate Partner Scholarship
- Jason Hess, University of Maryland – NIRSA Foundation Scholarship
- Megan Holman, Bowling Green State University – William Wasson Endowment*
- Beththena Johnson, The University of Texas at Austin – NIRSA Foundation Scholarship
- Heather Lee, California State University, Northridge – Region VI SoCal Endowment
- Stacey Lee, University of California, Davis – NIRSA Foundation Scholarship
- Caitlyn Macaluso, Oakland University – NIRSA Foundation Scholarship
- April Moore, University of West Florida – NIRSA Foundation Scholarship
- Jeffrey Ryder, Minnesota State University Mankato – NIRSA Foundation Scholarship
- Lauren Vallee, The Ohio State University – Star Trac Corporate Partner Scholarship
- Heather VanHall, University of California, Davis – Region VI SoCal Endowment
- Ashlea Wilson, University of Houston – Texas Endowment
*The scholarship recipients with the highest GPAs are designated as the William Wasson Scholarship winners.
Professional scholarship winners
- Alex Accetta, Portland State University – Will Holsberry Endowment**
- Jeremy Battjes, University of Arkansas – Anthony (Tony) J. Chivetta Endowment***
- Laurie Braden, CRSS, The University of Texas at Brownsville – Will Holsberry Endowment
**Alex is using his scholarship to attend the National School of Recreational Sports Management, Level II, in June 2008.
***Jeremy is using his scholarship to attend the National Recreation Facilities Institute, Presented by Mondo, in October 2008.
For more information about NIRSA Foundation scholarships, email Monica Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.