NIRSA Services Corporation Board meets in Portland, Oregon
NCCS, strategic plan among discussion highlights
The NIRSA Services Corporation Board met in Portland, Oregon October 23-24, in conjunction with three NIRSA Institutes and the Region VI Conference.
Topics of discussion at the meeting included:
- Expanding the authority of the NCCS Appeals Board to make exceptions to rules and policies due to extenuating circumstances.
- Approving new Standards of Conduct for NCCS Events. The Standards will now apply to participants, volunteers, and paid staff of NCCS events.
- Developing a strategic plan for the NSC.
- A presentation by Bernie Freeman of Hyperlife Marketing Group updating the Board on current sales and marketing strategies.
- An update by attorney Mark O'Donnell on the functional relationship between NIRSA (shareholder) and the NSC (corporation).
- The proposed re-designed NCCS Committee structure.