2007 NSRSM presents diplomas to 46 grads
National School of Recreational Sports Management, Level I a huge success
Charlotte, North Carolina was the site of the 2007 NIRSA National School of Recreational Sports Management, Level I. The NSRSM Level I course is designed for professionals with one to five years of experience, and is taught by six faculty members who possess a wealth of recreational sports program management experience. Participants from all over the country came for four intense days of sessions on team building, goal setting, networking, student learning outcomes, conflict management, and more. During what little free time was available, some of the participants took advantage of a local whitewater rafting opportunity, while others took time to rest, explore the city, or network with new friends and colleagues.
Thanks to the outstanding Faculty:
- Rob Frye, Florida International University (outgoing Chair)
- Juliette Moore, University of Arizona (outgoing)
- Dr. Nancy Chrystal-Green, University of Florida
- Pat Besner, University of Toledo
- Dr. Tim Miller, Baldwin-Wallace College
- Jeff Sessine, Centers LLC
- Rhonda DuBord, University of Miami (incoming)
- Willie Ehling, Southern Illinois University Carbondale (incoming)
Here’s what a few Level I grads had to say about their experience:
The 2008 School will be held June 2-5 in sunny San Diego. This will be a Level II course, designed specifically for experienced mid-and-upper level administrators who want to sharpen their management skills.