2007 NIRSA Foundation scholarship winners
Congratulations to these outstanding NIRSA students and professionals!
The NIRSA Foundation Board of Directors is pleased to announce the 2007 NIRSA Foundation scholarship recipients. These members have received scholarships funding their registration to the 2007 NIRSA Annual Conference & Recreational Sports Exposition in Minneapolis.
Student scholarship winners
- Nick Brigati, University of Central Florida, William Wasson Endowment*
- Alexis Cocker, The College of William and Mary, William Wasson Endowment*
- Brandi Crist, Indiana University, NIRSA Foundation
- Christine Dias, University of Rhode Island, Woodway USA
- Leigh Darilek, University of Texas at Austin, NIRSA Foundation
- Christina Gomez, University of Arizona, NIRSA Foundation
- Christopher Gormley, University of Texas at Austin, NIRSA Foundation
- Kate Hickey, Oakland University, Sonia & Max Gartenberg Endowment
- Raylene Johns, University of Arizona, SoCal Endowment
- Bryanne Knight, California State University, Northridge, NIRSA Foundation
- Chris McAlpine, Texas State University-San Marcos, Star Trac
- Erika Newman, Sam Houston State University, Texas Endowment
- Linda Paquette, West Chester University, NIRSA Foundation
- Laura Rooney, Arizona State University, SoCal Endowment
- Nicole Schneider, University of Southern California, SoCal Endowment
- Benjamin Smith, Virginia Tech, Sports Imports
- Nicole Widmer, University of Arizona, NIRSA Foundation
*The scholarship recipients with the highest GPAs are designated as the William Wasson Scholarship winners.
Professional scholarship winners
- Alison Epperson, Murray State University, Will Holsberry Endowment**
- Kristy Leen, University of Northern Iowa, Will Holsberry Endowment
- Kendra Violet, University of Cincinnati, Anthony (Tony) J. Chivetta Endowment
**Alison is using her scholarship for the Collegiate Sport Club Symposium in June.