NIRSA will host SAHEC meeting at NNC this spring
The Student Affairs in Higher Education Consortium will convene at the NIRSA National Center in May 2007
The NIRSA National Center will host a meeting of the Student Affairs in Higher Education Consortium (SAHEC) May 1-3, 2007. NIRSA is a member of SAHEC, part of the Council of Higher Education Management Associations (CHEMA).
SAHEC promotes the understanding of learning and development as intertwined, inseparable elements of the college student experience. The book Learning Reconsidered 2 (LR2), published collaboratively by members of the consortium, shows how to get educators from all parts of a campus working together to benefit students. The book was sent free to every NIRSA member institution this past summer, and NIRSA Members contributed many case studies for an upcoming LR2 website.
SAHEC members include NIRSA and the following organizations:
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of College and University Housing Officers-International (ACUHO-I)
- Association of College Unions-International (ACUI)
- Association of Fraternity Advisors (AFA)
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- National Association for Campus Activities (NACA)
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)