NIRSA Foundation Board holds midyear meeting in Louisville, Kentucky
Foundation Chair Suzette Smith, CRSS, (The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas) brought the meeting to order on September 19, 2005.
- Board approval of the FY 2006 Budget. For future reporting, the Board recommended that presentation of all financial data be consolidated into Unrestricted and Restricted fund grouping.
- As requested by Paul Milton, CRSS, Recreational Sports Journal Editor, the recipient of the yearly Outstanding Journal article will receive a $250 cash award.
- For 2006, all Foundation scholarship applications will be submitted through an electronic process. The NIRSA Foundation scholarship deadline is Friday, January 13, 2006.
- The Board approved an increase in the contribution requirement from $10,000 to $15,000 to fund a Restricted Endowment effective May 1, 2006.
- Additional discussion centered on the goal of reaching the one million dollar Endowment within the next five years. Plans for this project will be discussed in future meetings with the plan to roll out the program at the 2006 Annual Conference.
Any questions regarding the meeting or the NIRSA Foundation should be directed to Suzette Smith. More information can be found at the NIRSA Foundation Web site.