NIRSA to give credit where credit is due!
Members, share your best campus events and programs with your recreational sports colleagues by submiting up to five of your most popular or unique on-campus programs, contests, and events. We will publish these, with rules and photos, in a new publication, Innovative Recreational Sports and Special Events.
Reported examples of programs and events offered at Member Institutions include:
- Week-long events: summer camp activities, Wellness Week
- One-day events: intramural tournaments: soccer, flag football, volleyball, basketball, inner tube basketball, hoop shots
- Festivals and cultural events: adapted programs, cholesterol screening, cultural diversity festival, Freshman Welcome, National Recreational Sports & Fitness Day, Special Olympics
- All-day/night indoor games: archery, arm-wrestling tournament, backgammon, billiards, bodybuilding, bridge, broomball, chess, darts, indoor climbing, indoor flag football, table tennis, poker, wrestling
- Hour-long games: Balloon Bust-pool, Fashion Parade in the Pool, Great Rubber Duck Race, Waiter Relay, Dunk Tank, Sponge Relay, Sand Volleyball
- All day outdoor events or adventures: air hockey, alpine skiing, bobsledding, Broom Ball, snow softball, curling, cycling, disc football, disc golf, dodge ball, field ball, Flicker ball, Futsol, hang gliding, Kin-Ball, luge, paintball, polo, snowboarding, spelunking, street hockey, wiffle ball
We would also like to hear about new and innovative programming for additional income during facility off-hours. Does your campus offer any special programs or events for different age groups in addition to college clientele? Examples include summer youth programs or camps, community senior programs, Elderhostel, healthy cooking classes or other wellness programs.
- Your name and institution
- Title of event
- Reason for event: Valentine's Day Heart info, National Rec Sports & Fitness Day, homecoming
- Number of participants who usually attend
- Duration of event
- Time required, including set-up and breakdown times
- Promotional methods used
- Equipment needed
- Staff required
Send your information electronically to me by October 31. Duplicate entries will be chosen on a first-come basis. We appreciate your contribution to this upcoming NIRSA publication.